Monday, December 07, 2009

December 7

Late night in front of the computer, wrapped in a warm quilt (dang this room not being heated). I've fought the feeling all day long that I'm not relishing the festivities this month has to offer. Items on the list not completed: advent calendar not made, tree not topped, gifts not bought, Christmas stories not read...so on and so forth. I know I'm missing the point here...like, I'm miles away from it. Truth is, I know this month couldn't be less about guilt and lists than it already is. It's about freedom and hope and a little baby boy that came barreling through space and time to bring it. So bring it on, baby Jesus. Bring it on.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Amen!

kate o. said...

good stuff, alina!

and i wish i had a room where it was cold enough that i needed to be wrapped in a quilt. how is it that the cold fronts always stop 2 miles north of me??