Friday, December 11, 2009

December 10: I love...

:: Work Christmas parties
Even when it's my husband's and I know very few people...I still love it. There's free food, an open bar, a chance to get dressed up (which doesn't come around often these days), and a chance to meet the people that Matt spends nearly half of his waking hours with. A win-win-win-win situation.

:: Technology!
I brought my big camera to the party, but I found myself more drawn to using the camera on my new Droid smartphone. I didn't feel nearly as creepy taking pictures of strangers with my phone than my large-lensed camera. Sure, the quality is not quite there, but it gives me the chance to be free from fiddling with the settings and just focus on what I see around me. (All photos in this post were taken with my camera phone.)

:: Cosmopolitan
Um...vodka, Triple Sec, cranberry juice, and lime juice? You guys are wonderful apart from each other and a dynamite team when shaken together with ice. Thanks for last night, and you are now my favorite cocktail. Sorry, mojito.

:: $5 accessories
I wore my 'go to' accessory of this season, black and gray argyle leggings from Target. Warm and trendy...proof that form and function can be friends after all.

:: Home
Coming home may just be the best part of a night out. Per her request, we read about Max and his crazy adventures. Then I tucked my favorite pajama-footed girl into her bed, kissed her goodnight, and slid into my own comfy pajamas. In no time at all, I can switch from a cosmo-drinking, legging-wearing party-goer to homebody mama. Could we be talking about a superhero power here? I think so.

3 comments:

kelly said...

love the leggings...five bucks well spent.

Megan said...

Really impressed with your phone pic skills! How is Karis doing? Better I hope!

diber said...

I actually set out to do the entire DPP with only my iPhone. I have a photoshop app that has made it a little more fun. I <3 my iPhone.