Thursday, December 03, 2009

December 3

The decor was breathtaking and the menu nearly impossible to choose from. In the end I chose the steamed muscles in saffron broth with Gorgonzola polenta on the side. Beef carpaccio, prosciutto wrapped figs, fried orzo balls, and fried calamari also circulated the table for all to share. The whole thing felt very Top Chef-ish. Though I did learn that when seated at the end of the community table for a 3 hour meal, you might sweat a little bit under your pink scarf when trying to keep the conversation flowing.

6 comments:

Alina said...

You rock, Kristine. Thanks.

no longer working said...

You did this tonight? How fun? Someone's house?

Alina said...

Corrin-No, this was from last week. A teensy weensy bit of a DPP cheat. :-) It's actually a new restaurant in Chattanooga.

Marillyn Beard said...

Wow!! Looks gorgeous and the food... I am hungry! Love the shot... and its okay to cheat a little :o) LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I always feel the pressure to keep conversation flowing---one reason I find myself so "chatty". I am trying to work on that, though. Lovely decor.

Dolly said...

So I'm trying to figure out if we have mutual acquaintances. One of my BFF's husbands works at Alleia. We still have yet to go. Looks and sounds amazing.