Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Day 9

As I sat in the booth last night at dinner with my husband, I was really dying to have my camera with me. It was the beautiful lighting, the way he was sitting there, the half sour cucumbers sitting on the butcher block paper on the table. All of it. I wanted to take pictures of the whole thing. The food wasn't anything special but being with him without our child and that lighting made my fingers itch to press the shutter release button. I guess that is what this project will do to you-- always make you wish you had your camera even when it is entirely inconvenient or just plain impossible.

Alas, no photo from last night. I leave you with that description and your imagination. Instead, I'm going to cheat and give you a little something I've wanted to share. It's not from today or this month or even from my camera. Yeah, that is a triple cheat, I think. Either way, my brother-in-law is a great photographer and took these photos of our family at Thanksgiving time. I went looking through the digital stacks a few weeks ago for a family portrait and the most recent one I found was blurry and from February of this year. I found lots of photos of Matt and Karis individually and together but almost none of me and the three of us as a family. Such is the case when you are the one who takes the pictures, I guess. So I was thankful for the bounty of lovely photos he took. These were my favorites. Enjoy and see you back here tomorrow for another "real" post.

6 comments:

kelly said...

Yay for good family pics! The only good ones we have of our family during the day were taken by you!

Unknown said...

Lini, Lini, could you be any more beautiful? I was doing the same thing this morning, looking for a family picture to send out in Christmas cards, but found NONE of the four of us from this year. I have tons of the kids together, some of Wes with one or both, but none with me in them. Actually, the few I have of just me were taken by my 5 year old. (An aspiring Alina!) Whenever this journey takes me back to the south from which I came, I will stop by and take 2 GB of the three of you together...better yet, we'll get Keller in there, too! Love you much and so glad to see YOU!

Unknown said...

Oh, and by the way, this 25 days straight of your photography and glimpses into your life has truly been a blessing! I look forward to your blogs upon waking each day!

Alina said...

Jamie,
Thanks for the kind words...we would LOVE it if you stopped by sometime...and I will hold you to the 2 GB promise! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!

Anonymous said...

I loved them all....I am glad for the influx of pics today---Many I had not seen before.

Simone said...

Love the project so far! Your family pics are so sweet (even if they are not part of the project!).