Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 17

I took a much needed break from the home last night and met a friend at the town center. It was just what the doctor ordered. We talked about life, relationships, community, family...you know, the good stuff. She graciously placated me as I went around snapping shots of all the Christmas sights and gloriously artistic storefront displays. I love photographing store displays which corporate companies have spent untold amounts of money hiring designers to create. It was a free feast for my camera.

And my friend? She was so kind and patient as I had fun. She's the kind of friend that I could call and say, Hey, you wanna go sit and stare at some rocks with me? She'd laugh, then say yes and ask wonderful questions about my love for rock watching. A sign of a good friend. Thanks, Nikki.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Great pics! The towne center should hire you because now I feel like shopping!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I loved joining you as you photographed the beauty around us, and I love your friendship!

kelly said...

MMM, good description of Nikki!! She is a great question-asker!! :)

RT said...

I felt like I got away from home by just looking at your photos! Beautiful. And refreshing.

Unknown said...

What a great evening. I am loving that dress...minus the red bow. Maybe when I get down to my target weight...I am so glad you are enjoying your journey to a possible career. You are inspiring and I love you for it!