Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 11: Toy Train Philosophy

Order
Chaos


Deconstruction


I broke into the nieces' and nephew's gifts today and had a little fun. Aunts and uncles reading this, please don't allow your tiny children to read my blog today, and let's keep this secret between us.

I felt a little like a kid unwrapping my present behind my parents back. And then I realized I wasn't the one receiving the trains. I was giving them. In fact, it could be likened to Santa Claus "testing" out the toys in the North Pole prior to delivering them to all the happy children. And you can't tell me you think the portly icon has never taken the toys for a harmless little "test drive."

That's really all I was doing. Honest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

may i just say that i love that you broke into the gifts? made me smile ;)

love the last picture.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Good for you. May we all be so inclined to break into the toys from time to time. These pictures turned out great!

Joc said...

Awww. I wanna play too.

Megan said...

Evie has named the train (or trains) down the street from us "Franco", thanks to a little game that she plays with my mom. Incase you were wondering, "Franco" is on a mission to deliver ice cream to the polar bears at the North Pole, that's what Evie says anyway. She will be very excited to have a little Franco of her own!

Unknown said...

Loved this one. The "order" picture is much the way I set up Aiden's trins...nicely patterned. I, at times, have to fight the impulse of "fixing" them when the kids make their own trains. Your photography is, as always, outstanding. Remember, the worst enemy of creativity is self-doubt. Keep creating!