Friday, December 05, 2008

Day 5

The colors of this season do not simply belong to the famous duo, red and green. For me, I see the season in much brighter hues as well. Vibrant oranges, various shades of green and yellow, and sometimes a pleasant mixture of the above. Winter always ushers in the citrus season. Those vitamin C laden globes of my childhood, hanging from the dozens of trees painstakingly planted by my father (a.k.a. Mr. Green Thumbs).

Last Christmas my husband asked my dad about his precious citrus trees and my dad offered a whole tutorial on the different types of lemon trees. Matt was fascinated and felt certain it was information he would never use again in his life. But it was interesting, nonetheless. I hope to spend some time with my parents this Christmas. If you come looking for me, you'll find me perched under the tangelo tree with my cheeks full and juice running down my face. I won't care how silly I look.

December Photo Project

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos! Now I'm going to have to try a citrus still life myself. fun!

Joc said...

Although I did not grow up under the citrus trees like you, I always equate Christmas was a big wooden box full of clementines. I always found one in the toe of my stocking too! Love the colors in the photos.

Anonymous said...

i, too, love the clementines at christmas. and the blood oranges.

now i'm off to pour myself a glass of oj.

Alina said...

Thanks, Abbie! Still life photo shoots with fruit are much more cooperative than 17 month old toddlers. I'm just sayin'!

Kristine said...

tanjoylos!

Unknown said...

Love this project! Girl, you absolutely inspire me! I agree, red and green are not the only colors for the season. For some reason, I love turquoise and purple in the winter and at Christmas. I think it is because they remind me of childhood. What is more Christmassy than children? After all, Jesus WAS a baby! Love you so much, doll. Praying that your family is truly blessed this season with the hope and joy brought by Him!

abigail said...

These are lovely shots, Alina.