Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day 25

"The true meaning of Christmas"--a phrase so commonly used that I have trouble remembering what it means. In response, I've been meditating on these powerful words the last few days:

Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees!
Oh hear the angel voices!
O night divine. O night when Christ was born!

Merry Christmas to you all! Thanks for welcoming me into your homes this month. See you in a few days, after I take a little break!

Karis's pre-nap face. Needless to say, our little photo shoot was NOT a success.

She was happy to run around and ignore me, though. It seems that comes quite naturally.

A tricycle from great grandma (a.k.a. Big grandma). So NOT the meaning of Christmas but such a lovely part of the festivities, nonetheless!

The aftermath. We all made the mess when we were little...and now we're cleaning it up today.

3 comments:

kelly said...

I bet big grandma was LOVING seeing Karis on that tricycle!! :) Merry Christmas. Hoping to be with you next year.

Kristine said...

Merry, Merry Christmas, Miss Alina. <3 Karis' pre-nap face is priceless. This photo series melted my heart. I am already sad just thinking about there not being a new picture tomorrow. Your photography has moved me. Never stop.

linda said...

I love the pout and then the glee of your little girl running away. I think you should make your blog into a book...I will buy it, K?