Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 21

This photo is not for the record books. It is not a particularly impressive shot. Lighting could be better. Composition more striking. But it captures the real moment of Karis reading by the light of the Christmas tree today. I had but a few brief moments of down time to take this shot--dinner was overcooking in the oven, friends were en route to the house, and I had many things to do prior to their arrival. It was a quick shot. It's a post for posterity, really.

I am nearing the finish line for the December Photo Project. I can't believe it! It has felt like a long month and a short month simultaneously. I can't wait to share all my thoughts on the project and all that I have learned through this process. Only 4 more days of photo creativity to squeeze out. Thanks for all your kind comments and emails over the last month. They've kept me going! Hope to see you at the finish line.

And this photo shows what the book reading time became...book eating time! That child...always succumbing to her oral curiosity!

Click here to check out yesterday's lengthier post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not true---the first photo brought a smile to my lips right away....It is a picture of innocence and everyday life that sometimes gets lost in the everyday living. I love the colored lights on the tree but then of course, I would. And Karis looks lost in thought until the second shot where she is trying to eat the book. Of course, they say you need to savor and digest a book to figure out the real meaning of the words. She seems advanced for her age :) Love, Mama K

Alina said...

True, Mama K. All very true.

Unknown said...

The first photo was wonderful because it seemed so candid...like peeking at her from some hidden hidden place and seeing her in her element. Absolutely precious. I have a few like that of my A-Team and they are always my favorite. I am truly enjoying this project of yours...I look forward to logging on and very each days post when I wake up in the morning. You have blessed my holiday! Love you!

Alina said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jamie. December seems like a crazy month to do this photo project. Yet I am glad I am doing it. My gift to you!