Thursday, February 26, 2009

One of these things is not like the others

I wonder if he notices or even cares. (And I wonder why I automatically assume it's a he.)

My week has been unusual. The rhythm of the house is changing. Karis is entering the "terrible two's." While I don't actually find it to be "terrible," I do understand the sentiment behind the phrase. She's into everything. Climbing everything. Resisting everything I say. It's all curiosity and independence and stubbornness (and never leaving her alone in a room for more than two seconds.) All that to say, I'm tired.

I really long to sit down and write and take more photos, but those things are back burner items on weeks such as this. I feel behind in most areas right now. I finally had a massive cleaning spree the last few days, and I'm feeling more caught up. There are still phone calls to tend to and unanswered emails I must reply to lest my friends all stage a "what happened to you?" intervention in the near future.

So how does one cap off a week of feeling out of sorts? I think a trip to Charleston with some friends is in order. Yes, I hit the road tomorrow with 7 friends for a weekend of site seeing, eating, laughing, and general relaxing. No husbands. No children. That will do just fine, I believe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds divine! I'm just a tad jealous!

Rideout Time said...

Good for you! Mom's deserve some time away to R & R so enjoy your trip. Matt is a great dad and this will be a good time for them.

dkt said...

William and Karis are two peas in a pod on that note!! Ahhh!!! But it does get better!! "Time to submit!" LOL!! :-) Have a great weekend!