Thursday, February 19, 2009

Growth

Growing :: Cupid's Dart and Black-Eyed Susan
Monday morning Matt and I woke up to some tiny sprouts peeking through the soil. Matt was thrilled, explaining that he has never done this before. I'd forgotten how magical it is when seeds, dirt, water, and sunlight combine to produce life in just a few days.

Growing :: Strawberry affection
Yesterday I asked Karis if she wanted strawberries during breakfast. She nodded yes, and as I disappeared into the kitchen I heard her catch her breath in excitement and begin giggling uncontrollably. I looked back around and she was smiling in anticipation like she does during tickle time with Daddy.

Side note--Karis' appreciation for Mom's photography is NOT growing. Once I washed and dried the beloved strawberries, with Karis looking on intently, I took a quick detour to the window to photograph the ruby red fruit. Her curiosity quickly turned into pleading which immediately escalated into all out sobbing. Bad, Mommy. Bad.

Growing :: Contentment in my city
I didn't want to live in Florida when we first moved here. It simply wasn't a part of my "master plan." But the balmy weather, big city amenities, and nearby relatives are really growing on me. A trip to Angie's Subs and the beach with dear friends yesterday certainly helps.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

great shots

Alina said...

Thanks, Rachel!

Megan said...

Thanks for watching Annie tonight! She is still sound asleep in her car seat, she must have had a great time!

Anonymous said...

i agree, beautiful photos, alina.

i'm happy your jacksonville contentment is growing. i totally understand the idea of florida not being in the "master plan." we have an interview in boca on monday and it makes me a bit nervous. boca - yikes!

jenni said...

I'm sorry your daughter cried, but the photography bit made me laugh. I'm not as skilled as you, but my husband waited patiently on me this morning while I snapped our breakfast. :)

kelly said...

Black-eyed susans are my favorite flower ever!! Loved the picture of them sprouting!!