Thursday, September 10, 2009

Science Friday

I went outside to start up the grill for dinner tonight...grilled chicken breast on the barbie, you know. While taking off the plastic weatherproof cover, a certain snail fell off and landed on the ground. I'm guessing he had found a nice little moist spot on the cover to hibernate in or else we have some sneaky snail grill parties going on after hours. Intrigued by the little guy, I ran inside to grab a glass and some water for him to cling to, hoping he'd come out of his shell for a little look/see.

And look/see we did. All three of us.

I'll admit, it almost got awkward at times, all that staring.

The introduction:

Going in for a closer look:


Determining the little guy was quite kissable. And, yes. She kissed it. Note to future self: Karis will probably be the type of girl to kiss on the first date. Oy.

The money shot of Mr. Snail, a.k.a. "cold stare":

7 comments:

Megan said...

Or maybe she will kiss frogs and make lots of princes. Tell her if she ever kisses anything that turns into something that looks like Hugh Jackman, I've got dibs ;)!!!

kelly said...

wow. I am impressed...with the kissing and the money shot of the snail.

Unknown said...

I don't think I have ever seen the face of a snail before. WOW!

My son would kiss frogs too. Yuck.

Good pictures.

Joc said...

Do you watch top chef? Cause after this past week's episode I will never look at snails the same. *shudder*

love this series of pics.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarioius! Ilove the snail shot. karis is getting SOOOO big. Ian says hi...actually, he said "doggie" b/c of the shot below this post, but I think I'll take "hi". LIESL

Jenny said...

Great post! Love Karis's expression in the first shot. Great close-up of the slimy little guy =)

linda said...

you are hysterical...I love these pictures. I will start to pray for her propensity to forwardness on first dates...(sigh).