Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday's journal

I woke up to silence this morning. No child and no husband. Didn't know what to do with myself. So I called my husband and went to pick up my child early from the grandparents. I just didn't feel quite like myself being all alone. Weird. You'd think I'd eat up the quiet, uninterrupted moments.

I ate sushi for lunch. The rice was sticky. The avocado creamy. The tuna fresh as fresh can be. The wasabi made me cry, and the soy sauce was a delicate balance of salty and sweet. Sushi, you have my dance card full.

I tried salmon for the first time tonight. Well, not really. But when I dressed up the fresh fish with a simple outfit of olive oil, salt, pepper, a squeeze of lemon and baked it on high heat for 10 minutes, I felt as if I'd never really tasted salmon before. So creamy and soft. Um, Salmon? I'll save some of those dances for you, ok?

I washed the evening away with an impromptu margarita. The glasses are all packed up save for a few mugs (which were dirty) and some large plastic tumblers (wasn't looking to get plastered). So I opted to drink my beverage in one of my daughter's sippy cups. Irresponsible. Ironic. Delicious.

5 comments:

diber said...

Haha! Ironic, yes.

I use one of Ellis's old bottles to mix drinks in, b/c it has great measurement markings. HA!hahha!

Brooke said...

you are so cute!

Lindsay said...

You rebel. ;)

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who reviews about
many
home business ideas

If you want to know more here it is
home business reviews

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.