Friday, September 04, 2009

I feel summer slowly beginning to pack up it's bags, and I hear fall clearing it's throat in anticipation. I know it's kind of crazy of me to indulge my seasonal giddiness so early in the game. Regionally speaking, we've still got a long way to go before dusting off the sweaters and lighting the harvest candles. But I just can't help myself. I keep seeing little reminders that it's coming. The sunlight is growing more golden and a tad less harsh. I've felt a few rogue breezes meandering through the streets at night and even (gasp) in the daytime.

"The squirrels are really storing away the hickory nuts this year," my mother-in-law told me last night, saying that her husband insists the critters' flurry means only one thing: it's going to be a cold winter. She's told me this a few times recently, and I can't help but smile every time, hoping she's right.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Fall is my favortie too!