Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The crazy

::Crazy fun
Running around an empty house with a large paint stick and a stuffed puppy. The feet stomping and loud singing can be heard in every corner of the home.

::Crazy busy
An ambitious task of repairing, spackling, priming, and deep cleaning a home in a week and a half's time. And all of this done around each of our full time jobs. Matt's hands barely open, my knees are swollen, and Karis is pleased as punch to have spent so much time over at MeMa's house.

::Crazy happy
As of 1 am this morning, our work is finally done. Now the floors are in the trusty hands of Art, wood floor refinisher extraordinaire. After that, we trust the walls to Jose and Mike, two wall painting geniuses. Truth be told, anyone willing to do the work for us would be a genius in my book.

::Crazy awesome
White walls and an empty house make an amazing photography studio. I wonder if I could convince Matt of the awesomeness of buying another house just to keep as a photography studio...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am alway surprised at how big Karis looks, and how not like a baby any more.

This house and all the painting and cleaning seems so wonderful. I just wish it were near by.

Megan said...

I really like these pictures. Did you get your camera back?

joc said...

I am all about having other 'geniuses' help with the fun of home-improvement. :) Especially with 2 full-time jobs! Can't wait to see the spiffed up floors!

T and B Rowe said...

Wow! The wood floors look great!!! I hope you're pleased. So excited for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, so sorry we are not there to help......but if it helps, we are having the time of our lives. I saw Second City last night in the Stardust arena on board ship. Very funny! Also, the second night in Seattle, Sheryl Crow and The Dave Matthews Band were in town to do a concert.
the house is coming together and it seems you are bonding to it with all the hard work. Gotta go, we have to purchase internet minutes....Expensive!!!! Mama K

Lindsay said...

So cute! Your pictures often make me excited that I have a little girl. :)