Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When we first moved into our house last year I wasn't crazy about the paint color on the outside. A drab, washed out blue-gray. I am quickly learning that those neutral colors on the interior and exterior walls make pleasing backgrounds for photos.

Some friends joined Karis and I for lunch at Whole Foods today. Christa says going there is like having a religious experience. The comparison proved true for my other friend Nikki who, as if in a trance, frantically sniffed through the Indian section of the buffet. There was a certain aroma that caught her attention, and she was dead set on eating whatever it was that smelled so good. She settled on the Dal Saag, a lentil paste, only to discover she had chosen incorrectly. We still don't which dish it was.

3 comments:

T and B Rowe said...

Whole Foods, Fresh Market and Trader Joes are all religious experiences, in my opinion. :)

Any plans to paint the house???

Ryan Wright said...

There's actually a whole culture built around that particular gray in the photography/graphic design industry for exactly the reason you mention. I think the magic color is "18% Gray" (or something like that). I know photographers who have entire rooms of their houses painted that color so that their colorful objects POP!

Anonymous said...

i love this post. and tell nikki i'm sorry about the lentil paste ;)