Thursday, December 15, 2005

Play me a song, you're the piano man...

My last few posts have been full of pictures about things all around me, but I have realized there has been a decided lack of pictures of Matt and myself. As I was contemplating this, Matt tells me that Mimi (a friend of ours that Matt worked with) told him that she wants to see more pictures of him on my blog. So, Mimi, this one is for you...and all of you who agree with Mimi. I wanted to show you guys a picture of Matt's piano performance debut. As many of you know, an ordinary weekend in July 2004, an extraordinary man picked up a book on how to learn piano in a flash. That man, my one and only husband, learned to play the piano that weekend; and he has been a playing fool since then. Tonight was the first time he performed in front of people. And he wanted me to make sure to tell you all that he "played for 30 minutes in front of 200 people"! He did really well!!! He started playing when there were 10 people behind him, and he finished with nearly 200 crammed in the room. Such talent this young one has!
Today we went on a hike on Bishop's Peak, a nearby mount in San Luis Obispo. We went with some new friends in the church. It was really fun, and Matt and I are so excited to do many more outdoor activities like this especially now that we have a dog with a huge need for activity!
The next picture of him is at our Christmas party that we hosted at our house Thanksgiving weekend where the youth helped us decorate our Christmas tree and watched Charlie Brown. I thought this was a fun pictured that captured him in a moment of laughter and enjoyment during a game we were playing. The third picture I took of him when we went to San Fransisco in October. By the way...in the first picture, he is making his typical "playing" face. That is the face he makes whenever he is playing an instrument. I hope you all enjoyed the pictures of Matt!
P.S. He is turning 30 on December 27!!!
P.S.S. Mimi we expect you and Jessica to visit us next summer, no excuses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the "playing face"...it has been too long since I have seen that face. I told Ande last night I miss singing with Matt. Thanks for the pictures.

Kelly