Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ipods and Cookies!

On Tuesday the suspense got to be too great for me to handle. So, after Matt dropped off his last coursework at the post office to officially complete his seminary degree, I gave him his birthday present (a week early)! He loved it...the new video ipod!!! Thanks to all you family members who pitched in to make it a special 30th year present! I took some shots of him enjoying the goods...this is his impression of the ipod commercials.

We have been having a pretty ordinary week leading up to Christmas. I am so thankful to be staying here, even though it is going to be so sad not to be with my and Matt's families. We are just so thankful that we can have a peaceful (and fully conscious) Christmas together. After the drama of last Christmas when I was hospitalized, I consider it a privilege to be alive and with my husband. We are so thoroughly looking forward to coming in February, though, to meet Peter and Erica's baby girl Alina Beth and Ben and Megan's girl Evelyn--our two beautiful and special nieces. Auntie Alina and Uncle Matt cannot wait!!!

I also had a great time hanging out last night with a friend from church named Rachel who is a very fun and incredibly bright 11 year old. We made gingerbread and sugar cookies together. Then we started writing a story together about two Narnian horses named Veronica and Luke. We are going to write the story in a journal, each taking turns with the journal every week and adding to the story. God has really been answering my prayers for relationships with people whom I can be blessed by and whom I can bless. Rachel is definitely one of them.

We are going to church on Christmas morning, and then we are having lunch with our pastor and his family. I am looking forward to that! It will also be fun to spend Christmas morning with Matt. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Send me some pictures of your celebrations, if you can, and I will post some pictures of ours!

No comments: