Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Introducing Keller!

Meet the newest addition to our family. Yesterday we had no idea we would come home from our trip to nearby San Luis Obispo with this beautiful new dog! She is a four year old German short-haired pointer. We originally went down to San Luis so that I could get a haircut at our friend's house. Brian and Sally have a beautiful pointer and we were loving their dog. We have been toying with the idea of getting a dog for about four years now, but we never felt like it was the right time. Now that we are at a place that we know we will be staying for a while, we have been feeling like a dog was more of a possibility. As we sat in our friends' home petting their dog, we asked if they knew where the local pound and humaine society were located. One thing led to another and you fast-forward to 4 hours later... we are driving home with the first family dog. Keller could not be a more perfect dog. I feel like we were so fortunate. She probably had excellent owners in the past. She is crate-trained, potty-trained, she sits, doesn't bark hardly ever unless there are predators, she is super friendly to visitors, and she loves to just sit in her regal pose next to us as we go about the house doing our work. It was really funny because I was the one really pushing to go get a dog, and as we walked into the humaine society Matt turns to me and says, "Oh, don't get too excited because we probably aren't going to get a dog." I just smiled because I knew he would be the one talking me into a dog by the end of the trip. Sure enough, we finished signing the adoption papers and he turns to me and whispers, "I think I love her already!" It was golden! Anyhow, we wanted you all to meet her. She is our newest companion, and I am thrilled because she is going to be my new running buddy! I really feel like Keller is just another reminder to me of God's love and care for us, his children. Matt and I are really excited to be moving into this phase of our lives in caring for a dog. She will and has already begun to add a lot of fun to our lives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alina,
She is so beautiful! What a perfect blessing for you and Matt at just the right timing! You are both well settled in your new home now and have enough space to keep a new companion. She is so sweet looking and has a gorgeous color! I'm thrilled to know she will be your running partner! Love you sis.

Jenny

Mary H said...

How fun Alina! Your dog is beautiful. Don't let Amy Claire know you got a dog . . . she loves dogs!!

:), Mary

Anonymous said...

Amy Claire now KNOWS!!! How sweet. Looks just like our Maggie that my family has. But ya know, Mar, all desire for a dog has gone right out the window after having Brighton. He's like having 10 dogs...that need constant care ;0) I was actually thinking about bulldogs last night and was THANKING GOD he never provided one. He'd be long gone by now! Funny how life changes, huh? Can't wait to see you 'Lina SOON!!
Love,
AC

Anonymous said...

Dear Matt and Alina,

She is beautiful and reminds me of Scout!!! I can't believe I'm a grandmother again. What a nice surprise!!!!! I'm so happy for the both of you and for Keller. Ya'll will make great parents. And she's 4 years old. Instant happiness without all the mess of potty training and the hard work to get her to this place. I'm so happy for the adoption, ya'll will give her a good home and a good chance for a good life. Love you all (3). Mama K