Monday, December 12, 2005

A new heart

I love my Sunday school class. I teach the 3-4 year olds, and I have so been enjoying watching their curious and eager minds soak up information all around them. The past couple of weeks we have been talking about how our hearts have all been stained because of our sin and we need more than just band aids to fix the mess. We need new hearts...and they were so excited to learn that God gives us new hearts because of Jesus. Today we all climbed under the table (somehow hearing a story under the table as opposed to sitting around the table is much more attention-grabbing) to hear about how Jesus died to give us new hearts. Three of them folded their hands and asked for new hearts. I have no idea what the eternal significance of their little mumbling prayers were, but it was so cool to watch them earnestly ask for new hearts. Such a joy to be with these children! This picture is from a few weeks ago when we learned about parents and obedience. I brought in some of mine and Matt's clothes for them to dress up, and here they are sporting "mommy and daddy" clothes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are some cute children, ck. my email.
love,
mom