Friday, April 24, 2009

The good, better, and best

::A toy that rocks
Matt was looking through the artwork section of our local Goodwill when he heard a gleeful, "Weeee! Weeee!" He turned around to find Karis rocking back and forth on her own piece of artwork, a wooden rocking horse, in excellent condition. The happy little shopper sold us immediately on the toy. Of course, the $6 price tag didn't hurt.

::Challah-lujah
I'm so grateful for our recent membership to the JCA, a local Jewish community center complete with a gym, exercise classes, and fantastic childcare. Really, I'm beyond thankful. I get to sweat and feel young again while knowing Karis is getting safe social interaction.

We walked through the front doors today to be greeted by the receptionist and about 20 loaves of gorgeous challah. I couldn't resist. I mean, really, how beautiful is this bread?! When Matt and his co-worker came home today on their lunch break, they caught me in the middle of my photo shoot. They looked at me and the bread and then asked in disbelief, "Is that real?" Yes. And incredibly delicious. I think French toast is on the menu for breakfast tomorrow.

::A Mexican compromise
I'm an extrovert, and Matt is an introvert. I have been begging to have people over more often, and Matt said he would enjoy a party atmosphere on Friday nights to celebrate the work week's end. Thus, out of the ashes of our marital discord, Mexican Fridays have been born. Spicy fajitas, a casual atmosphere, friends in our home. And beer. Yes, let's not forget about that. This week we had some good friends over for Mexican Thursday. I learned that no matter what day of the week it is, whenever fresh pico de gallo is involved, it's a party.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an inviting "al fresco" dining spot.
mom

kelly said...

thanks for coming to our par-tay today. Long time in the car, I know. We appreciate it and loved seeing ya'll. Loved the pictures and the good deal on the rocking chair!

Lauren said...

I am so excited that you joined the JCA! Isn't it AWESOME? I've been going like 5 days a week and loving it. I haven't tried any classes yet, but you'll have to let me know if you do one you like.