Saturday, April 11, 2009

Five senses Friday

Seeing:: a purple sky, a dark building with one window lit, and a couple waiting for their train. The man eventually noticed I was taking their picture, and in my final shot he bent over backwards in an exaggerated dancer's pose. I smiled and waved before the subway zipped between us and interrupted the exchange.

Smelling:: the full, yeasty aroma of a glass of organic wine at dinner. A nonchalant first sniff turned into a more committed second sniff, my nose completely disappearing into the glass to take it all in.

Tasting:: fresh, creamy goat cheese tossed in a vinaigrette with greens, tomatoes, and crispy French bacon.

Hearing:: the specials described by our French waitress. Her lovely accent made even her offers to refill our water glasses sound like poetry.

Touching:: a sweet gift by my brother's girlfriend. A beautiful pea green mug, silver earrings, and a passport cover featuring a print of vintage birds, true inspiration to apply for my passport.

:: a cozy subway ride home on a rainy evening in Brooklyn.

2 comments:

a girl said...

that sounds like such a wonderful evening! :)

dkt said...

Happy Birthday!! :-)