Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 21: Gingerbread party

I hosted a cookie decorating party today for my friends (who also happen to be my neighbors, lucky me!). Lest any of you be tempted to think I've gone Martha on you, allow me to explain just how easy this was. Karis and Elise helped make the gingerbread men, then I filled some muffin tins with candy, threw a red-checkered tablecloth on the dining room table, draped a Santa hat over each chair for wearing, and we all had a festive party.

I originally saw the idea for a gingerbread house-decorating party in a magazine, but since all of the kids in attendance were four and under, I opted for a 'pre-baked gingerbread men decorating party'. It was a hit and oh-so-much-fun to watch the kids decorate the cookies. Each had a hard time getting past the deliciousness of the frosting, stopping often to lick their spoons and cookies. But once the adults demonstrated that the frosting made an excellent adhesive for the candy, they were off to the races, loading their cookies with as much candy as possible. The party was casual, fun, and something we'll definitely make a habit of.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun party, colorful too, and the table cloth is precious, but not as much as the little ones.
love you martha,
mom

RT said...

So precious!

Alina, you have such a gift with photographing scenes. Your eye catches beautiful compositions in such a lovely, serene fashion. I can't help but swoon a bit at your shots.

Alina said...

Thanks, Rebecca! That's so encouraging, especially coming from you, DPP Queen.