Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 16: Play



While Karis napped this afternoon, I took advantage of the beautiful moments alone to play with Karis' Christmas presents one last time before I wrap them up. Apparently, it's become a bit of a tradition to play with her gifts before gifting them to her.

I'm thrilled with the gifts we're giving her this year. Among my favorites are a chest full of dolls from the 70's from her Aunt Megan's childhood collection, complete with outfits, shoes, and hangers. She's going to love dressing her new/old 'big girl' dolls.

I'm also loving the Melissa and Doug Fold 'n Go Barn I scored at a garage sale for $0.25. It was missing the animals that originally came with it, but the 'Farm Animals Bucket' from Target for $10 was just the perfect size. The third present worth noting but not pictured here is a puppet stand. While they currently sell for $70 elsewhere, I was so lucky to find it at Tuesday Morning for $30. Given the flare for drama and storytelling that Matt and I are prone to, I figure any and all children born into our home will love and use this gift in the years to come.

And I'm not going to lie. Karis will have to fight Matt and I to use it on Christmas morning.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Please note that while Aunt Megan's crow's feet are deceiving, those dolls are actually older than she is ;)
So fun! Karis is going to have a wonderful Christmas morning!

Alina said...

Duly noted, Megan. :-) They were already well on their way to vintage when you played with them. Thanks again for sharing them!!

Jenny said...

"Any and all children born into our home"...hoping there is a hidden message in there!

Karis' gifts from Aunt Jenny and Uncle Jeffery will be arriving soon!

Alina said...

Jenny-
Nope. No hidden announcement embedded in there. We do plan on more, but I promise you'll not find out first here, Sis. :-)