Friday, August 06, 2010

Pint-sized observations

Somebody has acquired my penchant for funky, mismatched bed time outfits. Poor, misguided girl.

We've been listening to a lot of Tom Petty in the car lately. This fact has not gone unnoticed by Karis who has memorized a good portion of the lyrics to "I won't back down." We recently looked in our rear view mirrors to see her singing loudly to the baby doll in her hands, "Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out..."

Karis is developing an interesting theology on death. Most of her information comes from the authoritative text There was an old lady who swallowed a fly. So she knows a horse will take you out cold, but then, once your gone, Karis informed me that you float out into space in a rocket ship with a helmet on. Hmm. That sounds like the intro to the show Little Eintsteins. It also sounds like it's time to answer some questions.

If looks could kill, we'd all be floating in space right now.

8 comments:

Megan said...

That picture made me laugh out louad! Too funny. Have you ever noticed that on Mickey Mouse Club House they accidentally end up in outer space all the time? A few too many pulls on the hot air balloon and woops! I was just explaining to Ev yesterday that it is actually really hard to get to space :)

HumbuckerChapell said...

I just read your PJ story... hilarious. It runs in my family as well and the husbands have been known to say "What are you? Ft. Knox?".

Oh how fun....

kelly said...

okay, so as soon as I saw the link to your former post I REMEMBERED that get-up...before I even looked. was I scarred, perhaps?

love karis' theology. and what better thing to tell a young baby doll than the truth about life.

Anonymous said...

Those are some sad, soulful eyes---I think she is really coming unto her own---Expanding her mind and reasoning skills. I have missed that little one....Hope you had a good week ;)

april said...

just read your newspaper article on baseball. i like you writing 'lin

Anonymous said...

PJ you say? I thought that was an adorable TV show outfit,love the hair piece.
Mom

Kristine said...

This outfit would totally pass the test in NYC. Love it.

Brooke said...

Oh the mismatched bedtime outfits!