Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm a little curious

Today I roamed into Karis room to look for something and found some very strange groupings of objects. I couldn't help but grab my camera to document the interesting combinations I spotted. While I know these are the evidence of healthy, normal play, I wonder what an archaeologist would conclude about my child based on these findings.

An egg nestled in a slipper.


A sock sandwich.


A hamster in a blender.


An Easter basket stuffed with a pair of panties, a pink hat, a superman cape, and a toaster.


A purse stuffed with 3 Mardi Gras bead necklaces, a cell phone, a baby bottle of lotion, and a ping pong ball.

9 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like things Reagan would leave behind for me to find. She usually has a very rational explanation/ story for why things are arranged the way they are...The explanations are the most fun:)

Morning Glory said...

Alina, this looks like a children's book waiting to happen. What a great concept - familiar things in strange places. A lot of pink. It would have been nice to have had a girl in the mix with my 3 sons. It would have broadened our color palette. Thanks for letting me read your blog.

Megan said...

This made me laugh out loud! Such a funny and creative little mind!

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh out loud also ;) But I think I can explain how her mind is working #1 She surely has heard about all the egg recalls so she has put her egg in a seat belt (slipper strap)so it will be safe #2 sock sandwich-probably thought sockeyed salmon sandwich #3 Hamster in blender--no running wheel available so blender next best thing #4 Easter basket I have no idea #5 ping pong ball in purse-"1 of these things is not like the others" How fun!!! MLK

RT said...

The hamster in a blender cracks me up! And I'm wondering about soft footwear + eggs. Livia left a hardboiled egg in a fuzzy sock for a looong time. Ew?

dkt said...

sock sandwhich looks yummy! lol! But the hamster in the blender? EWWW!!! :D Fun times! :D

Anonymous said...

Sock sandwich cracked me up!

Jenny said...

Love that cute little mind of hers!!

Anonymous said...

I can see she needed her salami for a sandwich. The hamster must be for her protein shake. It would be nice to interview her before a camera and get her explanation that could be great for Americas Funniest Home Videos--try it.
Love,
mom