Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Beloved!

Lately, I have forgotten that I am the beloved of God. I love the phrase beloved because it gives me the feeling of being curled up in a ball riding around in God's pocket--loved and secure. These past few weeks I have been given many reminders that I am indeed the beloved of God--sometimes the reminders have been obvious and wonderful and at other times they have been painful and received with kicking and pouting. While at home I must remind myself I am beloved. While at work I must remind myself I am beloved. No matter what I do, God breaks through and reminds me I am beloved (whether it is throug Matt's constant love and forgiveness or my Mom and sister's phone calls and amazing mailed treats). I love this picture of Keller from a few days ago. She has discovered the warmth of the California sun, and she cannot get enough of it. This picture was taken of her while she was outside basking in the golden rays, and I couldn't help but snap a shot of her in her contentedness. She has recently realized she is beloved by us and can freely bask in our love, and it shows in her expression here. Such a simple reminder to me of how I am beloved. If we love a dog and want her to be free and loved, how much more my Creator wants this for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alina-
Good to see you back at the blog! I've enjoyed reading your posts- such great snapshots into your life. I'm very much looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
Much love,
Jocelyn