Monday, January 30, 2006

Auntie Alina and Uncle Matt

This post is a long time overdue!!! We are the proud aunt and uncle of two precious neices! We cannot wait to meet both of the precious daughters of our brothers. Peter, my brother, and his wife Erica have a beautiful three month old daughter named.....Alina Beth. I cannot believe it...there is a third generation Alina in the family. I am so proud and I am chomping at the bit to meet her. Secondly, we are thrilled to be meeting Evelyn Grace next month when we visit Florida. Evie was born two weeks ago today to Matt's bro, Ben, and his wife Megan. When thinking about these precious lives that are entrusted in the care of our beloved siblings, we are longing to be nearer to family. This is the hard part of being trailblazers and adventurous people willing to live on the other side of the country from the rest of our families. My worst fear is that I will be known as "that aunt that lives in California." I want to be a part of their lives and have a personal relationship with Alina Beth and Evie. I believe it is possible, regardless of the miles separating us. I have included some pictures of the precious neices. Congratulations Peter and Erica....please visit us very soon! I am waiting!!!! Ben and Megan and Evie...we'll see you guys in one month...we can't wait!



Alina Beth Hansinger (3rd generation Alina in the family). I mean, come on...can you get any cuter?!?


Mother and daughter...Erica is holding Alina Beth after her ears were pierced. Peter said Alina Beth smiled a huge smile when he took her to a mirror to see her new earrings.

Proud Papa Ben with their 5 week premature Evelyn Grace. She is a beauty, looking very much like Daddy in these early pictures. Sorry, Ben...in a round about way I called you a beauty.

A close up of Evie....such a trooper.

Here is Megan at her baby shower the day before she gave birth. It turns out that Megan was in labor at the baby shower. Doesn't she look radiant and beautiful here, not one bit in labor!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Aunt Alina and Uncle Matt! What beautiful neices you have! I bet you are getting excited to visit both families later this month. Can't you just imagine how fun it is going to be? Alina, you may just be ready for your own here soon... the baby bug seems to be going around...Lida Wisner and Melissa Bennett are both expecting (from our church). It's all in God's timing...but I can't wait for yours...Love you both!

Jen