Friday, July 02, 2010

The show

If neighbor Bob looks through his front window around 6 pm on any given day of the week, he's likely to see two dancing silhouettes through our living room window. Karis has dance recital fever right now, and when I'm feeling generous, I join in. A few weeks ago we attended cousin Evie's dance recital, and since then Karis has been twirling about, gracefully extending her arms, and "taking a bow" whenever and wherever the mood strikes.

What I hope Bob can't see is me "dressed up" in a hodgepodge dance outfit that Karis insists I wear. I'm a 31-year-old woman twirling about my living room sporting a baby blanket for a dress, a few dolly clothes tucked in my waistline to simulate a tou tou, and a white towel draped over my head as a veil. You wouldn't know it, but dancing in that getup without pieces falling off isn't easy.

I walked into Karis' room this morning to find the female half of her Fisher Price Little People sitting in a random mix of toy seats (toilet, stroller, chair, etc.) lined up in a row as the generic Cinderella doll danced before them. Apparently, all the princesses got together and put on a dance recital. Not surprising, the Little People were smiling from ear to manufactured ear.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Clever girl, and clever writing. :)
Thanks for the visit. My sanity would surely have been even MORE lessened if you hadn't come.

Megan said...

I'm sure that if neighbor Bob could see this show it would make him smile!