Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Him

:: Sexy
After a hard day's work, Matt sits across the dinner table from Karis and me and says, "It's great to be home with you, ladies." These two ladies giggle and smile from ear to ear.

:: Sexier
We've been doing a lot of gardening in our front yard. Weeds pulled, rocks and other debris excavated from the flower beds, and flowers planted. We've been having a lot of fun shopping for flowers and exploring all the varieties available. So much fun, in fact, that Matt called me in the middle of his workday on Monday to say he'd gone shopping on his lunch break to buy some African Daisies which he'd seen a few days prior and just had to have. I smiled when I heard his voice over the phone, "I guess I'm a daisy man." Not only is that statement sexy, but it's also incredibly manly, not to mention wonderful for our home's curb appeal.

:: Sexiest
Of all Mexican cuisine I've tasted, pork carnitas stand proudly and deliciously at the top of the list. I've recently discovered a great, relatively simple recipe from America's Test Kitchen. I made them for the second time last week but was a little disappointed with how they turned out compared to my first attempt. But when Matt tasted them, he instantly declared, "If these are your 'bad' carnitas, I'd gladly have them any day of the week."

(Sigh)

It's perhaps the sexiest thing he could ever say to me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! I am glad that you find joy in the simple things that God blesses you with through your husband! Hug you for me. I miss you terribly!

Anonymous said...

"Sweet words are like a honeycomb to the soul". It's true.

Jenny said...

Mmm! I'm just gonna have to check out that recipe! Sounds delish! Adorable photo and story!