Monday, April 12, 2010

Full on

::Into my 30's
I turned 31 on Saturday. The gift of sleeping in, a trip to the beach with old friends, spicy chicken fajitas, and a gooey chocolate fudge cake were on hand to help ring in another wonderful year and help me ignore the reality that 31 means I'm solidly into my 30's.

::Bribery
With a bed pushed up against the guestroom window, 5 o'clock sunlight teasing me, and Karis antsy to do some jumping, I began shooting. And when Karis got tired before my creative drive did, Reese's Pieces were generously promised. I realize I'm creating a monster here.

::Writer's block
I'm easy with the words on my blog, so long as no one's grading me or, more importantly, giving me a deadline. I love the total artistic control and freedom that blogging allows. But now that I'm scheduled and expected to deliver? Blank. Nada. Zilch.

At least I'm writing about something I care about, visiting the Main Street Library. But it's almost too good. I can't narrow my thoughts down. And so what do I do to help jog my brain? Blog. Here's to hoping blogging does the jogging...

Pictured here is Karis admiring the 3 story murals at the library last week.

5 comments:

Ryan Wright said...

Great pix, as usual! I want to know about the lighting on that first pic—the empty plate/cup. The fade to black is great. Natural shot or photoshopped? If natural, how?

Alina said...

Thanks, Ryan! That shot was taken on the floor of my dining room, in a patch of afternoon sunlight falling on the wood floors. The fade to black is the part of the room where the sun is not directly shining. And I know so very little about photoshop that even if I wanted to touch up, I'd have no idea how! (Sad, but true.) I really love achieving these effects naturally, though.

And your photography is looking so great as well...loved the recent cemetery shots and skyline of Prague!

Ryan Wright said...

I'm surprised Matt hasn't jumped at the opportunity to modify some of your shots in Photoshop to do various artsy things to them. Seems right up his alley.

I've got tons more photographs to post one day whenever I get around to it. I love keeping up with you guys through pictures. Tell Matt to join in the fun.

kelly said...

ah, perfect timing with this post. as I opened it, Owen fell and bumped his head pretty hard. only the promise of pictures of Karis could stop the tears. :)

glad you guys are part of our daily lives through blogs. :)

Carolina Girl said...

I was just thinking about the Main Street Library today. I definitely need to spend more time there.