Thursday, April 15, 2010

Eggs-traodinary

Good friends don't keep secrets from you. They come for a visit and share with you the divine nature of soft boiled eggs. At weekend's end, they pack up their bags, say good bye, and leave you with the recipe for future enjoyment.

Make such friends. Keep such friends, and for the love all that's beautiful and yummy, make these eggs.



Soft boiled eggs

Bring water to a rolling boil. Carefully lower each egg into the boiling water, making sure that the eggs don't bump into each other as they are very fragile at this stage. Boil for 5 minutes, remove from water, and peel immediately under cool running water. Season with a dash of sea salt and ground pepper. Enjoy with a few thin slices of toasted Italian white bread.

7 comments:

joc said...

Beautiful picture of a beautiful breakfast!

kate o. said...

hmmm...kind of creepy - i was just about to post about eggs. poached. more to come ;)

Alina said...

Joc--Thanks for being friends who share. :-)

Kate--This is the second photo of eggs I've posted in the last month. "Hmmm" is right. I guess I'm just enjoying eating and photographing them right now. And I will be duly impressed by your poached egg post. For me, they are the hardest egg to cook, and I think that's what makes the discovery of soft boiled so exciting....soft without all the poached hassle.

Alina said...

No, wait. Three egg photos, if you include the dyed Easter eggs. Interesting...

Anonymous said...

Alright, Julia, when are you coming out with your own recipe book with pics. by you?
mom

Anonymous said...

ummm, these look super-yummy. I love a good gooey yolk. I so am going to have to try this, as (believe it or not) I haven't heard of this before.

RT said...

Mmmmm. Looks delicious.