Friday, October 09, 2009

Mirror, mirror

Apparently, when moving into a new home, the opportunity will arise when an unsuspecting mirror is placed on the ground, propped up against the wall, awaiting the day when it will be assigned real estate on the new walls. It takes a two year old to see the potential here. And she has seen it two years in a row.

Our move in September 2008. Karis at 15 months.

A two-year-old Karis after our move in September 2009, a few weeks ago.


Does this qualify as a tradition? ...the annual dance-in-front-of-the-mirror-on-the-ground-in-September-while-mom-is-super-stressed-out tradition? Because, if it is, I'm ok with this becoming a new custom...all except the whole 'moving our family and all our belongings from one house to another' part, of course. I'll thank you to leave that part out from now on.

8 comments:

Pat said...

Well, next September you'll have to take a mirror off the wall and put it on the floor for her to do her September dance...that way you can continue her tradition without moving!! LOL

Megan said...

Love that picture, it is just such a classic little girl moment!!!

Kristine said...

the tiny dancer! <3 <3 <3

M.E. said...

I like Pat's idea! Continue the tradition without the hassle of a move!! Thanks for sharing this supper fun photo with us!

Alina said...

Very true, Pat! Good thinking. :-)

kate o. said...

you're killing me, alina! we need to see pictures of the new place!

Anonymous said...

Is that a new, short haircut on K. on the photo in front of the white mirror?
Love,
mom

Alina said...

Kate,
I'll get right on the assignment! :-) I've had it in the back of my mind, but I guess I'm not sure I feel my house is up for the "after" shots yet...not quite fully decorated. Maybe I'll cave in and take the pics before I'm fully ready.

Mom,
That photo is from last year. :-)