Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall favorites

A few things I'm savoring these days...

An Italian feast, served family-style, to celebrate a much-loved friend. Lots of passing of dishes, enjoying of beverages, and laughing at kitschy wall decor.

The colors of fall. Since we Floridians can't enjoy them on the trees, we proudly display them through our wardrobe.


The annual "finding of the one leaf in the yard that decided to change colors." I imagine it's all in protest...tired of the usual path that leaves around here take of simply falling off the tree and immediately turning brown, that one leaf decides to jump ship and die a beautiful death, going out in a blaze of orange and red. I appreciate his sacrifice.

These eyes. So much protest in them when she doesn't get her way. This season of parenting has me t.i.r.e.d.

This scene: a chilly morning, two warm bowls of oatmeal with almonds and maple syrup, and a surprise visit from MeMa. A great way to start the day.

4 comments:

kelly said...

Those are some sad eyes! Drama queen, maybe?

Love the photos. Love your posts.

Jenny said...

Wish I could come up to visit with mom and dad this weekend! I'm so sad I wouldn't coordinate with my work schedule, but I hope it's a very fun visit! I know mom and dad are itching to see Karis!

kate o. said...

amen to the t.i.r.e.d. part. and that oatmeal looks yummy. i hope you're having more chilly mornings than we are. we had two last week but back to south fl october warmth.

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I read about Floridians pretending it's fall and seeking out the ONE red leaf! It's the same here in CA. We had to drive up to the mountains to find fall!