Friday, May 01, 2009

Things that

::Cause my neighbors to wonder if I'm crazy
While watering the plants this morning, I was inspired by the cool shadows cast on the front of the house. Fast forward five minutes...There is a large tripod set up in the front yard and I'm setting the 10-second timer, pressing "play", and then running to the hose and watering. Craziness. Just craziness.

::Enthrall Karis at the library
The water fountains in the courtyard of the Jacksonville Public Library.

::Enthrall me at the library
The "Grand Reading Room": two tone walls painted steel gray and orangish-red, brushed nickel lamps, sturdy wooden chairs, and framed old maps and documents covering the walls. Grand, indeed.

::Annoy me at the library
1. The "No food or drink" policy when I have a screaming toddler. I boldly disregarded this rule and let Karis munch on some cereal while I looked up some books. In my mind, it was a total catch 22...let her scream and disturb others or let her eat and I get a "talking to" by an employee. I chose the latter. Right as we were leaving, an employee approached and informed me of the policy. I said, "Yes" and "Thank you" and continued out the door. If I had done this in the 1st grade at Pelican Elementary during library time, the librarian would surely have told my teacher, Mr. Blue, and I would have gotten my name on the board. Then again, I wouldn't have been pushing around a 2-year-old who doesn't understand the concept of "inside voices, please!" So, I'm ok with it.

3 comments:

janne oksa said...

Hello from Finland:-))

Bekah said...

she is so big and adorable! I haven't really kept up with your blog lately, but once schools over, I'd like to do that. =) And I'd like to get my own photo blog going - I got an SLR!!!

kelly said...

love the smile on Karis' face in the last picture! Owen lights up the same when we read to him. They must be related. :)