Tuesday, March 10, 2009

a simple equation

More fruit + More spontaneous photography = More crying (by one very grapefruit-thirsty little girl).

Upon lopping off the top of the grapefruit, I got up and merely started to walk in the direction of my camera when Karis began the uproar. She knows me too well. I fear she is going to develop a habit of eating only ugly fruits in my presence, saving the pretty ones to be eaten in the safety of a dark closet, hidden from mom's peering lens.

Apparently I have a fruit "thing". Call it an obsession. If you are polite, you might call it a passion. Remember the strawberries? Or those tangerines? Pears, perhaps? And deep in my blog's archives, the fruit salad? Whatever you call it, I like fruit. To eat and to photograph, though rarely in that order.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you have a fruit obsession, I have a vegetable one. You should ask M just how many HUNDREDS of photos I have of vegetables. Somehow, I never tire of taking them... And I never tire of looking at yours either! Makes me feel a little more normal. :)

Anonymous said...

now that would not be a pretty picture (looking or smelling) if you find a hidden stash of formerly lovely fruit.

and i admire karis for liking grapefruit. it's one of things that i really want to like but i think it is just beyond me.

Anonymous said...

hey! i miss your stories!

Rachel said...

very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Great picture!