Thursday, August 30, 2007

Camera Lust

I have got a serious case of camera lust. Off and on have I been afflicted with this illness. I'll see a friend's cool camera and amazing picture quality, but I usually come back to my decent quality camera and decide my camera does just fine. I forget the quality of the higher end cameras...until I once again meet someone else's
camera and the camera lust returns. Tonight I fell in love with my friend's Nikon D70. When I pulled up these pictures at home I realized how much of a difference there is between my camera (Fuji S5100) and the amazing D70 which shot these photos of Karis and me last night (thanks to my friend Wendy for snapping the shots!). I am smelling a new item on the Christmas wishlist (or should I say the "Keep Dreaming" wishlist). But a girl can dream, can't she? And how about this gorgeous California setting sun? I got a lot of feedback on the fourth picture in my last post, and I've got to hand it to none other than the beautiful sun in August around 7pm. Every picture I take during this harvest, dusky sunlight is magical. It never lets me down. In fact, it makes me feel as if I know what I am doing behind the camera lens. There, my secret is out. Thank you, August sunlight!
Tonight I attempted homemade pizza. I was inspired by the ever so sweet and delicious pineapple I got on sale at the market yesterday. Ham and pineapple pizza was in order, naturally. I also made a pizza with the leftover chicken breast from last night's dinner, adding some fresh vine-ripe tomatoes, kalamata olives, and red onions (pictured below). Having everything on hand except mozzarella, I opted to use cheddar cheese instead of braving a trip to the store with a cranky baby. The result was homemade deliciousness. You can't beat pizza made at home. You also can't beat 4 posts in one month...well, actually many of you can and do, every month! But here is to celebrating the most posts in one month for this California Momma! Happy Thursday, all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics, Alina. That August sun looks really beautiful there. I can't wait for you to introduce Karis to some Florida sun too...which will be plentiful even in December! I'm getting excited, it's not too far off!

Love you,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Alina...what outstanding and beautiful pictures of you and Karis! The second one reminded me of the Madonna and child stamps you can only buy at Christmas time. I'm not"up" on cameras but I think your camera is great. When I was visiting ya'll in Calif, I realized that the pictures on your blog were actually pictures YOU had taken....I thought you had been getting some of them out of magazines..Not until I saw you taking pics of your wonderful fruit salad you made for us, did it "clicK" that all the time these were your own talented pics...You could have a career in photography if you chose to pursue it....Kisses to all...Mama K

Lexy Sykes said...

HI! So glad to see you are doing well! The pictures are beautiful! Karis looks like she is a ton of fun!

I did go back to work when X was about 12 weeks, but only part time (anywhere from 10-30 hrs... depending on how much work there is) but I also get to work from home at least half of that. I was dreading it, but it wasn't all that bad since its not full-time, its actually a really nice balance! I get out and do adult things while the little man gets to play with someone new! Good luck on the transition, if you need any support you know where to find me!
~Lexy

Unknown said...

Personally, I think your photography is absolutely beautiful. I just wish you were closer to take pictures of my children for me! The pictures Wendy took, are beautiful, though, too. But you have to take into consideration that she had amazing subjects! Love, hugs, and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hey linny,
ian and i are sitting here, looking at your great pics of karis. i was jealous that she's already giving kisses....until i actually read your comments....yeah, ian tries to eat our noses, no kisses yet. ok, not only am i writing one handed but i've had to pick up a paci twice now. the joys of motherhood truly are wonderful;!!!!! ilove you and hope allis well (three times) LIesl and ian

Anonymous said...

Oh, now, that pic. of you looking down holding Karis up sure looks like a Madonna, skin color, lighting and all.
So in love with you as a new Mom,
and what a good one,
love,
mom

Michelle Acton said...

Alina~
I think the photographer's eye is the most important part, and you certainly have a talent in that department. I always enjoy the pictures you take. You have an interesting perspective and a creative flair. Inspriring to me!