Thursday, August 17, 2006

Matt, the incredible!

So I believe my husband is a superhero. Let me paint you a picture to explain why. Matt calls me while I am driving home from work at around 6:30 this evening. I am tired, thirsty, and hungry, and I readily dump these three facts on him in a slightly complaining manner (what can I say...it was a long day!). We chat a few minutes and then hang up. Twenty-five minutes later I roll up the drive way and come to a stop thinking about all the stuff I need to lug out of the car and carry into the house when I hear the back door of the house shut. Running feverishly towards me is my husband, a tall glass of water in one hand, a banana in the other hand, and very panicked look on his face. As soon as he reaches me he shoves the water in my hand and the banana in my mouth all the while saying, "Hurry, hurry!" Once I finished almost choking on the banana from laughing so hard I thanked him for being so awesome and thoughtful in meeting my "dire hunger and thirst needs". Often he will come out and greet me in the driveway when I drive up after a hard days work. Wow! I love him for his superhero powers of cheering me up and showing me that I am loved.

P.S. This picture of Matt was taken last week on the 4 day hike that he led. He and 3 other leaders took 11 kids into the Sierras Mountains and all returned to speak of it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Alina,
What a sweet emding to a tiring day. It is hard working fulltime. I love the little pictures you paint with your stories of how welcoming your husband is when you come in from being gone. They are very endearing to me and the little things make up a lifetime of feeling loved.
Love, Mama K

Anonymous said...

Dear Alina, I do know how to spell "ending" in the above post...I should have previewed my comment before I entered it. My typing skills are not the greattest. (just kidding) greatest. Love always, Mama K

Anonymous said...

So funny! I could totally picture that whole scene, particularly the paniced "Hurry!!"

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so that last anonymous was me. Do I take afer my mom or what? :o)

Kelly