Saturday, August 12, 2006

Five weeks overdue

Well it has certainly been a busy five weeks since I last posted. You might imagine the new job would be to blame...and you are right. Lots of training and driving have consumed many hours of my time in the last month. It has been wonderful to be employed, getting a paycheck, and gaining new knowledge. The job has its ups and downs, but most of all I am thankful for the blessing of a job.

A few weeks ago Matt and I went camping with the church. We stayed on a site with a family, and we had a wonderful time with them. They have a little girl who is very shy, and Matt made it his personal mission to gain her affection. By the end of the trip, this was the closest he got to her (see picture below.)


Well, we are off to enjoy our day off. More to come later on the last month's adventures of Matt and Alina.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO glad you're back. I sure have missed you. I am praying everyday for your new adventure (called your job). I knew you were probably coming in really tired everyday. I'm sure you're a great addition to your job. I had several social workers intervene on my behalf when I was a child. I thought about it and hoped that they were half as caring a person as you are.
You are loved. Mama K

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! You are back! Looking foward to reading more. The pictures you post are great...makes me really really miss you both, though!
kelly

Unknown said...

Glad things are going well in the Kodatt World! You are both in my prayers. Come camping in NC sometime...I promise Abigail will be best of pals with Matt. She loves anyone who makes her the center of their attention! Love you bunches and miss you much! Jamie