Monday, November 21, 2005

A time to play

The Lord Your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you with his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17

I had an excellent weekend. I spent a few days last week working all over the house, accomplishing many things on my long list of things to do. I gave the house an all over clean, and I painted my office a delicious green color on a whim Saturday. It wasn't exactly what I envisioned, but I am still pleased with the overall transition. Color really is important to me. Now I can feel inspired in my office and not bored by the washed out, gray panelling.
I also went to the coast yesterday with Brooke, Linda, and Maggie. Both Linda and Maggie are friends I have made here. We had such a great time. We took our cameras and have a wonderful time taking pictures of each other. It is so fascinating how people change once they get behind a camera. Some people become more alive and flirtatious, while other people I have photographed become nervous and uncomfortable. Here are some of the highlights of our adventure.
I have realized how much I need to take time out from my busy life to play. Yes, that's right, run and jump and play like a five year old girl. Each of us women really needed this yesterday, and I think these pictures show how much we enjoyed playing. This may sound wierd, but I
honestly feel like I am worshipping God when I play. It is an act of faith to leave the cares of our
lives in God's hands and play like a kid.
I love the verse I listed at the top because it speaks to me of God's tenderness for us. His love lets me live carefree. It also speaks of his playfulness in that he will sings loudly over us. I hope that no matter how busy my life becomes I always take a little bit of time to be carefree.
Tomorrow our dear friend from Saint Louis, Amy Ruth, is coming for a whole week and we are going to have our thanksgiving feast with her and Brooke's family. It will be wonderful, but definitely incomplete without my family. I do miss you guys, especially around the holidays! Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope to post pictures of our feast for you all to enjoy!

4 comments:

Susanna Rose said...

Awesome pictures and interesting thoughts...it's so hard to let loose and have fun like a child but what fun it can be as you show!

Anonymous said...

Sexy Brookie!! Cute pics Alina, thanks for sharing! I still can't believe you guys are out in Cali and that we may see you all here in a month or so! Send me an email (my address is on the minismith site) and give me your phone number so we can make sure it happens :0) I just updated my blog, then lost my post. Argh. I'm going to try to write before we head down to VA for Thanksgiving tomorrow though. Love ya chica!

Anonymous said...

Dear Alina,

I completely agree with your statements. I believe with all my heart that God, being the BEST parent in the universe, delights over us, His children, when we disrobe of our cares and leave our plans and worries behind and rejoice in what he has created, his play yard. It frees us up to kick up our heels and delight in His delight. I know some of my favorite memories are when I played with my kids and enjoyed their company. So glad you got a chance to get away from it all and just play. Please let Matt know the Broc. Cass. recipe has been sent to his e-mail. Enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know you have a grateful and thankful heart. Always thanking
God for you.....Love, Mama K

no longer working said...

Terrific shot of Brooke! I love it. Tell her I say "HI"