Saturday, September 18, 2010

A retraction

I may have been a little harsh in my description of a neighbor in last week's post. As one commenter gently implied, perhaps this lady's ability to juggle is somewhat of a beautiful thing. So when I saw her walking down the street last night and I just happened to have my camera in hand, I couldn't help but go over and introduce myself to her.

Meet Sherry. Owner of 5 dogs and a parrot.

And how did Sherry arrive at so many pets? It's actually a really beautiful story. Up until recently, she only had the two large dogs and the parrot. Then a neighbor spotted the two chihuahuas abandoned in the backyard of a foreclosed home. When Sherry caught wind of it, she immediately brought them into her home and nursed their malnourished bodies back to health. The little black dog was roaming down her street a couple of weeks ago, also underweight and in need of care. He now has a new home and has gained a few much-needed pounds.

Official statement: Sherry is awesome.

4 comments:

HumbuckerChapell said...

Love it... all of it:)

Anonymous said...

That is one kindhearted lady.
Sp. Grandma

Anonymous said...

That is one kindhearted lady.
Sp. Grandma

dkt said...

lol! Did you ask her what the milk jug was for? :D