Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Cleaning

::Karis' closet

I spent Memorial Day with my head buried in Karis clothes and shoes, and I emerged a happier, less cluttered woman. How is it that a child's closet is a revolving door of work? Clothes in, chothes out. Repeat until they are old enough to responsibly do this on their own. (When exactly is that?) Little yellow flip flops have no problem making the cut, though.

::The earth
April and May have teased our garden relentlessly. The forcast would call for certain rain. Matt would report certain rain, and I, being the cynic in the family, would laugh knowing full well that the skies have only taunted us lately. I've learned you can't trust a dark cloud, no matter how looming and scary it is. So our gardens have seen a lot more of our hard-earned city water than we would have cared to pay for--that is until the last few days. The skies have finally let go.


::Toy Store
In my recent purge of Karis' room, I tackled her out of control toy collection. I bid adieu to anything that could break easily, was made up of a million tiny pieces that migrate to every corner of the house, or had fur on it's body. (I just don't care for dust animals...I mean stuffed animals.) I brought in some plastic containers and, in the end, was pleased with the organization. Karis, on the other hand, was pleased as punch with the bag that I stuffed, on a whim, with random plastic jewelry, hats, purses, and a tou tou and labeled it her "dress up" bag. Score one for me and her.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay for decluttering and making a dress-up collection for Karis! I am certainly identifying with the throwing away of things..if it doesn't serve a purpose, must.part.with.it. Oh the boxes and more boxes that are beginning to block our only window. We close on the new house June 21st! Phone date for the whole scoop tomorrow! Keep your phone closeby ;)

Anonymous said...

My, what a great writing style, you are flowing well and I can see everything you are saying as if I were there, you have a touch of class and lots of imagination, I would not mind being your daughter.
Love,
mom

kate o. said...

i felt like a bad mama when i gave asher lincoln logs for his birthday and then promptly stashed them back in a closet when i realized i couldn't take another toy that could be scattered everywhere. that was 8 months ago and they are still in the closet...do you think i could re-gift them to him??