Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring tree

When you've publicly sworn you aren't a crafty person, does making this tree turn you into a liar? What if you were feeling sick all day and Karis was content with play-doh at the table and you got a whim to make the awesome paper tree you saw here? Liar still? If so, you are not alone in your disapproval. Matt came home as I was mid-project and looked quite confused. He saw the shards of cereal box cutouts and magazine clippings littered about the dining room floor and me feverishly cutting away little paper leaves and carefully sticking them on the tree while happily exclaiming, "Look what I'm making."

He probably asked me 3 times throughout the night, "So what's up with that tree?!" He knows me better. I don't craft. At least not under normal conditions. I think his concern only proves how much he loves me.

I do love the way the tree turned out, but a quick scan of the paper/play-doh disarray at the end of the night reminded me exactly why I don't normally do this sort of thing.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Oooo, I like your tree!

Anonymous said...

That one's great, but I made a better one here.

Alina said...

I love you, Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Sometimes I get posessed by a craft idea and there's no rest or cleaning until said project is completed or exhaustion causes me to stop. Your husband's concern is so sweet.

diber said...

Don't you just love a good crafty mess!?

C'mon, you know you want to be crafty. It's so much fun..


I saw that tree, too, and have been dying to make one.

Jenny said...

I seriously need info on this project...such a cute idea!!

Joc said...

I love the tree! And also, please let Karis know that I expect to have a tea party with her very soon.