Thursday, August 20, 2009

Proof positive

I'm not sure where my husband and I fall on the spectrum of crazy. When Matt told me he was going grocery shopping the other night, he asked me if I would type out a shopping list that he would dictate to me. I said yes. It was a matter of convenience, really, since I was sitting in front of my computer when he asked. This is what he proceeded to dictate:


********
Publix List

To whom it may concern,
The following is a shopping list of what will be purchased at Publix on August 9, 2009. I have your daughter and you can get her back only if you buy me a box of chocolate chip cookies.

I, Matt, being of sound mind and body, do commit to purchasing the following list of items:

Sour cream
black beans
dark kidney beans
yogurt
cottage cheese
apples
(etc.)

********
I went on to add the signature lines for the "head of household", "submissive wife" (a creepy touch, no?), and a notary of public, complete with a seal I drew by hand. It was a weird-looking angel with wings.

After Matt came back from shopping, we both admitted we wished he had left the note in the cart for the next unsuspecting shopper to find and read. I would have given anything to see their reaction.

7 comments:

no longer working said...

GREAT!

Jenny said...

It's always fun to see the crazy side of people. I would have loved to see that note in my shopping cart!

Megan said...

Too funny

kelly said...

Wow. People need to find such lists in their carts. Makes them realize there are people crazier than the couponers they get stuck behind in line. :)

This cracked me up. So, so glad you shared.

Rideout Time said...

That is hilarious! I would have been rolling on the floor laughing if I had seen that note in the cart.

kate o. said...

i think you should frame it.

april said...

yesssss