Sunday, August 09, 2009

Bye bye, July

And somehow, it's off. July, that crazy/hazy mid-year month. Gone with all its holiday glory, birthday celebrations, and sweltering heat. (Ok, ok. The heat is probably 3.5 months from being gone.) We've had a busy summer around here, and in the wake of all the activity, this here blog has been neglected. I hope the fall months will bring some invigoration to my creative side. Turns out sickness, a broken camera, and a house purchase in limbo also do great things to dampen the creative juices. But there is some good news! The seller has agreed to pay for all the wood damage, most of the paperwork is completed, and we are all set to close at the end of this month!! Also, my camera is off and in the arms of some Nikon technician, hopefully being diagnosed (and repaired for free...I asked and I'm crossing my fingers they will comply).

In the meantime, we're chugging along in the midst of all of the transition and uncertainty around here. I don't usually operate at my optimum level with transition. I'm considering taking on a photo/writing challenge for the next month or two...something to keep me going and force me to keep creating. Any ideas out there, fellow bloggers? Until then, here are some photos to recap the last few weeks.

Karis and her cousin at Karis' second birthday party last month.

We went to a birthday party for a friend's daughter yesterday. It was a ladybug themed party, complete with a releasing of 1500 live ladybugs for the children to touch and explore. (Turns out that a bunch of ladybugs crawling on your hand feels a lot like any other bug crawling on your hand...kind of gross. But they were still neat to watch).

Karis eyeing the vegan chocolate cake set aside for one of the little party goers with food allergies. By the look on her face, I think Karis would gladly give up milk and eggs for a piece of this cake.

Karis teaching her friend the ropes on how to ride bikes down the street. So young and yet so wise.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Fall always invigorates me, it's my favorite season. It's the start of everything... school & holidays!!! I hope that that Nikon technichian knows he's taking care of someone's baby and repairs accordingly, and yay for sellers who repair stuff!

kate o. said...

that is great about the house. can't wait to see it!

and happy belated bday to karis.

Kristine said...

I seriously want to eat that chocolate cake.