Saturday, May 31, 2008

Family Time

The last couple of weeks have been full of sickness and laying around the house. First Karis came down with a cold, then Matt got the flu, followed by his mom. Finally I got it as well as my father-in-law. No fun. No fun, indeed. But the clouds of sniffles and fevers have parted and today found us all in good health and spirits. So Matt, Karis, and I, our own little nuclear family of 3, spent some time together. First we went out together to run some errands around town. Nothing glamorous (Post Office, CVS, Staples). But somehow it was nice just being us. We finished up our outing with a delicious summertime treat...none other than a chocolate malted milkshake from Sonic. Seriously good. I mean G-O-O-D! Like, you go home and you blog about it kind of good! So with our bellies full and our sugar levels kicked in high gear, we headed home to play outdoors. We each turned to our favorite things: Matt pulled out his golf clubs, Karis pulled out the grass, and (you guessed it) I pulled out the camera. Once we all had our fill of fun (Matt was sweaty and Karis and I had ants crawling on us), we headed indoors where we gathered together for a family hug. Matt and I enjoyed it thoroughly with giggles and a tight squeeze. Karis, on the other hand, wriggled her little body away from us and had a look that said "I need space, people." So independent already, that little one. She is, after all, my baby. It was a sweet ending to the day. I am so grateful for my little family of 3.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I love your family of three too! Sorry I missed you guys today, I too was out and about. I am going to be alone most of this week - let's do something!

kelly said...

Girl, I know all about how just getting out of the house to do errands can be heavenly! Owen and I are all over the place lately! It feels good to be out and feeling well!

That Karis is a cutie. Love the pictures.

Julianne said...

Hey Alina! I've been checking out your blog and your cute little family too...thru suz's blog too. :) i love all your pictures and stories of mommyhood. glad you're all feeling better from the flu bug.

Lexy said...

Her hair is so cute! Can't wait to meet her in a couple of weeks!
-Lexy

Bekah said...

=) I hadn't read the blog yet that went with the pictures. lovely!!!

Michelle Acton said...

OH MY GOODNESS. She is beautiful. Love/miss you.