Tuesday, April 01, 2008

3 Lessons learned

Lesson #1: Always ride in style
According to someone I know, when sitting in the stroller while on an afternoon walk, it is advised to make all efforts to be comfortable, not the least of which includes propping up one foot on the front tray.


Lesson #2: BIG changes can come in 3 short months
I read somewhere that the time frame of 6-9 months of age is full of discovery and exploration. No less can be said for Karis. Topping the list: eating solid food, speaking words (Daddy and doggy), crawling, pulling up, reaching out for mom, and waving hello. She is all movement these days.


Lesson #3: Stop and smell the roses
...and then take their picture. With all their radiance and perpetual smiling in the afternoon sun, it would simply be foolish to do otherwise.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun little blog! A glimpse of the simple, small blessings that can make a day radiant for us mommies! I am so glad you shared your "happies". You are prayed for!

Megan said...

Cute pictures. I love the foot proped up in the stroller, she looks so chill.

dkt said...

Fun times! And I love the pics. The colors of the last one are esp. striking!

Katharine F. Bedsole said...

I can almost smell them through the picture. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Alina, You told me how Karis was so laid back on the walk, but it was cute to see her "chilling". The flower pics are a good reminder to me that I do need to stop and smell the roses AND look at them. The 1st pic is a Charisma rose bought in honor of Ben's grad from Fire Academy and his 21st b'day (the color reminded me of fire & its flame)--the 2nd pic is an American Beauty Rose bush--bought in honor of Kelly. Hope ya'll have a good trip. Mama K

Brooke said...

Make sure to teach her to say "aunt Brooke." I can't believe she is saying words already. Last year at this time she was still just a bun in the oven!