Friday, March 17, 2006

Hmmm....

Ok, I will completely admit I have no idea what God is up to. I talked with the head of human resources for the job I told you guys about, and she told me I "wasn't advancing to the next step" in the job selection process (or something that sounded like that). I won't pretend that I am ok with this. I am really disappointed (and angry), to be honest. Again, I have no idea what God is up to. The last few weeks Matt and I have been training our dog Keller to walk a few steps behind us because it teaches her submission to our lead. As I have taken her on walks this week I have found the profound connection between Keller submitting to my lead and my need to trust where the Lord is leading me. The one in the lead has can see the full view ahead, and often this is the hard part for me. I want to see the view ahead, the full panoramic view. I want to know where I am headed and I even want to choose what direction I am headed in. But God is leading me, and I ask for your prayers as I learn to trust His lead. Also please pray that I will be encouraged to continue this job search. I do think this disappointment can strengthen my resolve to find a job.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alina,
I am praying for you. I love you.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Alina,
Trust His lead, I know God has an amazing job lined up for you. It might even be better than this one! Stand steadfast and know that you're exactly where God wants you because you've been seeking Him first. Mom, dad and I are praying for you!

Love your sis

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I'm really sorry that you're dissapointed. Just remember that God has already picked your perfect job, He knows what it is and He'll lead you to it in His timing. Love you! ~Megan

Anonymous said...

Alina, at times in my life when disappointment has engulfed me, just being aware that others are lifting me up in prayer has been such an encouragement. And so I actually 'comment' today to let you know that the Bryants will be taking your needs to the Throne.
Much love,
Joc

Unknown said...

I will keep you in my prayers. Remember, not only is He in the lead, but He is leading you upward so that you will have an amazing view one day! Much love, Jamie

Anonymous said...

bummer,
i love you two, get well.
the coconuts are still laying in the front yard for ornamentation.
mom

Anonymous said...

Dearest Alina,

I am so glad for your recent visit.We know your amazing talents. I am praying for you and Matt and good health. You are loved. Mama K