Thursday, March 09, 2006

East Coast Travels

In reference to title of my blog, Matt and I have made the journey "from coast to coast" in these past two weeks. We have been touring our great home state of Florida. We began our time in Jacksonville to be with Matt's parents, grandmothers, and brother's family and then we made our way down to Orlando to visit Matt's sister and her husband. We are now vacationing in sunny southwest Florida with my parents and sister. We have so enjoyed the retreat from our normal routine in California, and we have appreciated the time to reconnect with family and friends we don't get to see but once a year, if that. Living a bi-coastal life is a hard one, and I am reminded of that. I am growing to love my California home more and more and I feel that that is absolutely where we belong, but my heart also longs to be in a more regular relationship with those back on the east coast. But have no fear, you west-coasters, trips like this back to Florida only cement in our minds just how much we feel called to live in California. So, until our families decide to uproot and join us in the fabulous west, we are left to be trailblazers facing the setting sun with longing hearts for those behind us.

Today we had a wonderful adventure touring some islands off the coast of the southwest cape coral region. I have included some shots from today's adventure. Pray for safety for the rest of our trip. Also, exciting news!!!!......please pray for me tomorrow, Friday, at 12 noon eastern time and 9 am pacific time. I have an interview with an organization for a coordinator position that I absolutely would looooove to get. I haven't mentioned it before on the blog because my heart has been too excited and hesitant to even bring it up. But I am asking you all to pray for me that the phone interview will go well tomorrow, and if the Lord wills, that I will get this job. I will tell you all more about the position later...especially if I get it. Enjoy the pictures!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Alina,
I thank you for your update on your travels. I know you are enjoying being "home" in your old neck of the woods. The pictures are great and I am reminded and thankful for your continued good health during this trip back home.Our God is a great and loving God,so full of mercy. I am praying for your job situation knowing that our God knows best. I will refresh the intercessary prayer group of your new update regarding your interview timeline. Please let me know how it goes. We will rest in God's knowledge of what is best for us, knowing that He sees the whole picture and not just the small piece of the puzzle we see. It is amazing and awesome to think that the Creator of the entire universe is interested in all the details of our lives. You are a lovely addition to our family and I thank God for bringing you and Matt together. I am hopeful that this piece of the puzzle fits perfectly. I am always wishing God's best for you. Tell everyone "hi" for me. You are loved, Mama K

M.E. said...

your photos are incredible, as usual. thanks for sharing about the job possibility. looking forward to hearing what God has in store for you!

MISS YOU, Mari Ellen

Anonymous said...

So glad to see a new post, and even MORE GLAD to be able to hang out with you this trip! I have missed you both...dang trailblazers! See you again tomorrow!

kelly

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having fun visiting the ol' fam. I'm doing the same here in Virginia. Heading back to cold, snowy Philly tomorrow :0( I LOVE your pics Alina. You seriously have a gift. And how fun to find a gift you can use that you actually enjoy! Can't wait to hear more about the job possibilities!
Love,
AC

Unknown said...

Hello Gorgeous! I am glad your trip has been so wonderful! I cannot believe Jenny looks so grown up! I haven't seen her since your wedding. I am heading down to ol' Lee Co June 7-10, maybe a bit longer. I am afraid I won't recognize anything! I hope your interview went well. Let me know if you have any more prayer requests...you are ALWAYS in my prayers! I love you tons and miss you loads! Jamie