Sunday, September 30, 2007

Autumn light

It is hard to deny the arrival of autumn as the air becomes crisper, the leaves begin to turn golden around the edges, and the softer sunlight of fall dances around the house. I love the signs and gladly welcome the change. I get excited when I pull out my comfy sweaters, open the windows in the early evening to invite the brisk air into my home, and flip through my cookbooks trying to find the perfect fall dessert...apple crisp...no pumpkin bars. Yep, pumpkin bars with brown butter icing it is. We have spent the last few days enjoying the autumn as a family. I wanted to share the recent photo bounty with you. We recently took a trip to a nearby barn that sells tons of locally grown fresh produce. We scored a ton of good fruits and veggies and these awesome pumpkin shots.


I went chasing the autumn light throughout my house these week. I found it in some unusual places.

Left top and bottom: Karis' room.
Right top: Autumn harvest outside my front door.
Right bottom: My office.













Despite the lovely fall temperatures over the last couple of weeks, today warmed up to more typical summer temps. We scolded central California for its moody temperatures and headed straight for the coast with our friend Katie. It was an unusually clear day there, as well as hot, making our efforts to evade the heat seem quite useless. At least we had fun eating at our favorite restaurant, good conversation with Katie, and scored some always appreciated beach shots.

Finally, this week I got to stretch my photography muscles a little more professionally with a friend. I took his senior pictures and had a fun time doing it. He has such a great personality which made the experience very enjoyable. Here are some of the highlights.



Here is the view of the tree behind our house but taken from the park on the other side of the tree a couple of miles away at the park where I was shooting David's pictures.



11 comments:

kelly said...

Ooooh, I love those pictures!!! Cute kids and pumpkins are a great mix!!! For some reason, the last pics didnt show up...we will check back. love you!

Anonymous said...

WOW! So glad I checked your blog before jogging off to bed. Looks like fun times.....I know it's exciting to be sharing the world with your new baby this year. I really love how a child brightens your world by looking at it thru their eyes. So nice to see ya'll enjoying the great outdoors as a family. Love you all, Mama K

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics Alina! Karis looks just darling as usual. Great photos of that youngest Cone boy too. You've still got it!

Love you,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love fall too - it makes me excited because the holidays are coming!!! Hope to talk to you again some time soon!
Megan

Unknown said...

We are so excited that Fall has reached Boone, too! Abigail grew 47 pumpkins...yes, 47! We have pumpkins decorating our house, mom's house, and Uncle Jay's house! Children make you see things anew again, and it makes the simplest things become the most tremendous blessings. Isn't it wonderful!? Your photographs are beautiful, as they always are. I wish you were closer so you could take beautiful pictures of my kids for me...I definitely do not have your gift!

abigail said...

Love the photos, Alina! Isn't autumn the most wonderful season? Such a lovely pause between summer and winter. Enjoy the pumpkins!

HumbuckerChapell said...

Oh I love the picture with the pumpkin patch:) So precious!!

Thanks for your kind words and stories about your dog... Caroline is a doberman, though it is hard to tell.

I love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful photos. Hope you are getting some rest and continuing to enjoy all the goodness of motherhood.

Brian & Mary Hand said...

You're amazing Alina! You have such a great eye for pictures. Do you mind me asking what camera you have?

And, Karis couldn't be cuter! I even had Brian come over to the computer and showed him a few pics. You also are looking radiant!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots of a beautiful family. Thanks for posting. It's always so fun to catch up via blogging. And to see that irresitible little babe.

Susanna Rose said...

I had only had the old link to your blog for a long time and so couldn't get access to it but now finding it again I'm so excited...I knew you had had your baby but didn't know you had a girl and wow...she is such a beauty! I offer a late congratulations;) and I'm happy for you guys!

Lance and Heather said...

Hey guys, we’ve started a new website (www.popularbabyproducts.com). Check it out. If you like it, we would love for you to post it as a permanent link on your blog so that others can view it as well. Thanks so much, Lance and Heather